I sincerely hope to be back to blogging soon. In the meantime I wanted to let you all know that the CeliAction Study has been extended through September 2014, so it is not too late to participate. All questions and comments on this post will receive responses from a CeliAction Study representative. I hope you are all having a great summer! -Jess
Did you know there isn’t a single drug approved to treat celiac disease? Currently, attempting a gluten-free diet is the only option recommended by doctors, but a clinical research study called the CeliAction Study is researching if an investigational drug improves any symptoms of the disease.
You may qualify for the CeliAction Study if you:
- Have been diagnosed with celiac disease by a healthcare professional
- Are attempting to be on a gluten-free diet
- Have experienced at least one moderate or severe symptom of celiac disease in the past month
If you participate in the CeliAction Study, you:
- Will be able to maintain your current diet restrictions
- Will be provided with study-related care at no cost
- Do not need medical insurance to take part
- May be compensated for time and travel
- Will help advance medical research for celiac disease
To learn more about this research study and see if you qualify, visit www.CeliActionStudy.com
or call 1-855-3333-ACT.